Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Does He recognize your voice? : unfamiliar sound


We live in a world where communication is the key to building relationships. With so many things becoming globalized it is crucial to have an effective means of communication. A lack of communication can result in many failed relationships. That relationship can be a business or personal relationship. There are people that I knew in elementary school, but if they called me today I would not recognize their voice because I have not spoken with them since elementary school. The question that I want to ask you today is "Would you recognize God's voice if He spoke to you?". There are some people that call my phone with a private number and depending on how much we communicate determines whether or not I will recognize their voice when I answer the phone. We have to be careful that when we call on God we have not neglected Him to the point where our voice (sound) becomes unfamiliar to Him in our time of need. Some names do not come up on my caller ID when certain people call, but I still know who it is when I answer my phone because I recognize their voice. When you call on God does He recognize your voice? Has it been a while since you spoke to God? Just as calling someone on the phone is a form of communication; praying is also communication. If your voice was a phone number would God need a caller ID to identify who was calling Him or would He just recognize your voice when you called? Look at the concept; because when people do not recognize voices it takes time to get acquainted (familiar) with someone's voice. I just want to encourage you today; never assume that God does not deserve your time and attention. He deserves to hear the precious sound of your voice.

No comments: