Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Tainted Experiences: life through a double lens


Tainted - A moral defect considered as a stain or spot. An infecting touch, influence, or tinge. As I look back at the situations I found myself in especially with regards to how I related to women; I would have to say that I truly had a tainted mindset. I would view women in a way that I would not want a man to view my mother or grandmother. This tainted mindset was driven by my atmosphere which was inspired by my music, friends, and unregenerated spirit. Until there is a change in one's atmosphere there can be no real change. The way I viewed beauty was tainted. The lens I was looking at beauty through was full of lusty residue. I John 2:16 states "For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world". I found myself in unfavourable situations growing up because of my tainted view of life. If I am driving a car and the windshield is muddy then most likely I am going to go in a path or direction that I did not intend to go. Until the lens (perspective) on how you view life has been adjusted then your experiences will remain tainted and your destiny will remain blurry. When I changed my lifestyle by giving my life over to Jesus through the new birth process is when the "lens" on how I viewed life became clearer. By giving my life to Christ I can now say that I have seen life through a "double" lens. The first lens was tainted through my sinful lifestyle and this new lens (my 2nd lens) has been purified through Christ. I just want to encourage you today to seek the other perspective of life through a purified lens so that you can clearly begin to see your destiny.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very true sir! Until we have opened up ourselves to having our senses transformed by the creator, that instrument (sight) is defected. The bible says that our sight can truly lead to us being defiled (matthew 6:22). Vision is important, in the natural and mirror-wise, in the spiritual as well! Praise God! Thank you for sharing this piece brother! Be ye blessed!
Sis Woods