Wednesday, April 8, 2009

One Way Ticket to a Place of Misery: No Invitations Needed


Misery: Mental or emotional unhappiness or distress. Sadness, depression, desolation, gloom, wretchedness, melancholy, despair, grief, sorrow, indigence, agony, and misfortune. As I reflect back in my life I can remember when I turned 19yrs old. I found myself in a gentlemen's club. The required age to get in was supposed to be 21yrs of age, but the family member that I was with happened to know the person at the door and this allowed me access. There are some nightclubs that people can not even get into because they do not meet the dress code. If I wanted to fly to California but I did not have a plane ticket, this would disqualify me from flying to California. If I wanted to drive to another state but I did not have enough gas, this would prevent me from driving to that state. There are so many places that have rules and regulations that you must follow in order to have access. There is a place of misery though which allows anyone to enter. This place of misery does not discriminate based on race, gender, or income/economic status. This place is called Hell. If you just meet the requirements of "living in sin" which is ultimately 'missing the mark of God for your life' then you have an all access pass to this place of misery. No invitation is needed. All you have to do is meet the prerequisites here on Earth in order to make it in. There is another place though that requires you to live a lifestyle of righteousness in order to have access. This place does require an invitation. What actions are you taking in your life to receive this special invitation? I just want to encourage you today to seek Jesus (John14:6) so that you can receive an invitation into Heaven and not have to deal with an eternal destiny of misery.

No comments: