Wednesday, April 15, 2009

When Lust Seeks To Replace True Love: the ultimate counterfeit














Counterfeit: To make fraudulent copies of something valuable. A fraudulent imitation or facsimile. something copied or derived from an original. Misrepresent, form, fudge, fake, manipulate, falsify, or forge. As I look at this topic I can not help but to think how many people are deceived on a daily, monthly, yearly, and lifetime basis as it relates to true love and its qualities. If all I am used to eating with is plastic spoons, then how do I become familiar with silver spoons? I must first be exposed to a silver spoon in order to become familiar with its quality. If I am given something that I have never used then I may misuse what I have been given. How many times has your love been misused by someone who was used to a counterfeit (inferior) love ? If you gave an animal a bank account would they know how to use it appropriately? If you allow lust to reside in your heart then you must ask yourself this question "does lust know how to handle (appreciate) my heart?" We must all ask ourselves what is the true source of love? When we come to the understanding that God is love then we can begin the process of discerning what true love really means. Lust is temporary but true love commits. Lust seeks to please itself (self-indulging) but true love is unselfish (able to sacrifice). When you understand the nature of lust then you can begin to set boundaries in your heart and mind so that you only allow those things which exhibit the characteristics of love into the atmosphere of your heart and mind. I just want to encourage you to analyze your true definition of love and compare it to the standard of God who is true love.

No comments: