Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Vapors of Your Past: Escaping the Aroma


Vapor - Barely visible or cloudy diffused matter, such as mist, fumes, or smoke, suspended in the air. Aroma, breath, condensation, miasma, dew, moisture, or steam. Have you ever passed by someone and smelled an aroma (fragrance) on them which was pleasant. There are times also when we may pass by someone and smell an aroma on them which not so pleasant. If your lifestyle was an aroma how would it smell in the nostrils of God? I made the decision to give my life to Christ over 6 years ago. Before I made that decision there was a certain atmospheric aroma which engulfed me. The scent of this aroma was called "sin." Sin is an aroma which seeks to put you in a state of anesthesia (loss of consciousness) in regards to your destiny and purpose. This aroma encapsulated(superimposed) my heart and my mind which influenced the path that I took up until that point in my life.

I realize though that even after Jesus enters into the picture (portrait) of our lives that there is still an aroma which seeks to capture our attention. Some aromas seek to seduce us out of the will of God. These vapors of past memories seek to linger in our mind, and the aroma of past emotions seek to linger on the soil of our heart like morning dew lingers on the grass. There is an aroma though that can cause the vapors of your past to evaporate(vanish). This aroma is linked to God's atmosphere. If God's atmosphere were an aroma what would the fragrance be called? If there was a name for the aroma(fragrance) of God, I imagine that it would be called HOLY. Are you seeking to be saturated with this aroma?

No comments: