Wednesday, March 10, 2010

MY CONFESSION


As the sermon ended my heart was convicted. I was standing at the crossroads of deciding which master to serve. The atmosphere was ripe for another confession. My lifestyle was like a butterfly in the wind, so unpredictable. My desires were like untamed roller coasters. I needed stability in my life. The words which came from over the pulpit pricked the fabric of my heart. I was ready to make my confession. The enemies of my soul were being delayed as I prepared to make my public confession. The time was now.

I went into a room and got changed into my garments of confession. The time was getting close and my soul was ripe(ready) for change. This would be my greatest confession ever. With my arms crossed and my feet in the water, it was time to make my public confession. As my head went back and my body went down into the water, my confession was being made. I was baptized into a symbolic watery grave. The "old me" had died in the water and I was now new in Christ Jesus. I publicly confessed (acknowledged) through my baptism that I was a sinner, and that I needed the transforming(resurrection) power of Jesus to change my life.

What is your confession? The waters are waiting.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bro Scott,
I really enjoyed this blog It was very captivating. I like the poetic flow in the beginning and the stamp of truth that sealed what confessions you conveyed. Keep up the good work and continue to be a blessing.