Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Making a commitment to His house and the treasures within it


As I look at the condition of the Church today; I see a landscape that portrays a lack of men that have been unwilling to make a commitment not only to God's house but also to the women of God within it. This is a two-fold crisis facing the Church. Churches throughout this nation are filled with women and there remains a lack of men in comparison to our women counterparts. This in turn creates an imbalance within the the Church. God created man to be the image of Himself in the earth. When there are a lack of these images in the churches than the Church struggles to come into the fruition of its real potential. God speaks to men as well as women, so why especially in the black community is there such a discrepancy when it comes to men in the house of God? I read a study that showed 61% adult women vs %39 adult men is the average attendance in U.S. church congregations. God desires a commitment from us. There are many men that struggle when it comes to making a commitment especially in relationships and to their families. I have to realize that as men we are struggling to provide what is necessary to build the kingdom of God. I realize as a man that as long as I can stay committed to God and his house which is the Church this in turn will lead to me being committed not only to my family but also to the treasures within His house.

No comments: