Saturday, May 17, 2008

Finding companionship in the arms of your first love


Throughout my life I have noticed many people struggling to find companionship; both Christians and non-Christians. As I reflect back before I became a Christian I realize that the emptiness that I felt before I was saved was a result of me not having a relationship with Jesus Christ. As Christians we should be cognizant of the fact that we have the ultimate companionship through our relationship with Jesus. Satan may try to put thoughts in our mind that are in opposition to the word of God, but we have to maintain the focus that no other relationship can replace this ultimate relationship. The reason we love Jesus is because he first loved us as stated in 1John4:19. I realize that although I am not married does not mean that I am any less important to the kingdom of God . As a matter of fact I can focus more time solely on Christ and the Kingdom of God being unmarried. I just want to encourage those who may be struggling or if you know someone that may be struggling with the need to have companionship; tell them to continue to serve in the Kingdom of God and in turn he will make manifest his strength in their weakness. If the person is not saved this may be an excellent time and opportunity to witness to them about the love of Jesus that you have experienced.

No comments: