Monday, May 19, 2008

Planting the seed of life


In the passing of my grandmother this week, it just reminds me of how delicate life can be. It reminds me to never take moments with loved ones for granted, because you never know when that moment with them will be your last moment. Thoughts try to run through my mind about rather I did all I could do to draw my grandmother unto Christ Jesus. I understand though through my relationship with Jesus that it was his love that drew me unto him and no one else. I realize that as a Christian I must plant the seed and from there let God have his way. God is the one who gives the increase as stated in ICORINTHIANSchap3:7. No matter how much we want someone to give their life to Jesus they have to make the ultimate choice. God’s inspired word which is the Holy Bible contains the seeds of life which we must plant in others in our Christian walk. When we realize that God is the ultimate judge and that he is a righteous judge; there will in turn be a peace in our lives that surpasses all understanding.

1 comment:

mariel said...

Praise the Lord!

Up until about the past year or so, I thought witnessing or "planting", for the most part, entailed giving a mini Bible study. My goal daily is to keep a mind of thanksgiving. I believe as I do that that my "light" will shine opening the door of opportunity to engage others and share why I am so happy. "The Joy of the Lord is my strength!"